Thursday, June 18, 2009

Barbecue Sauce

My husband's uncle gave us this barbecue sauce recipe. It is my husband's favorite. In fact he prefers it to store bought barbecue sauce. Since my parents were coming up to visit he wanted to make this sauce to pair with my Dad's pulled pork recipe. We all really enjoyed it.

Barbecue Sauce
Source: My uncle-in-law

2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups apple cider vinegar
6 Tbsp Texas Pete Hot Sauce
2 cups Worcestershire sauce
64 oz ketchup
1 cup mustard

Start with mustard and gradually add the ketchup until they are well blended. Add the rest of the ingredients to this mixture (I use a large stockpot). Cook on medium and stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Simmer on low heat and stir occasionally for 2-3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment