Friday, September 4, 2009

Buttermilk Pancakes


One thing that is nice about having family to visit is that I get an excuse to make pancakes. I love them. I could eat them for any meal of the day. The problem is that my husband doesn't like them at all. So I rarely make them. Since I had a large crowd to visit for Carson's baptism I knew I'd be making these. I also mixed some blueberries and peaches into some of them. Blueberry Peach Buttermilk pancakes are to die for delicious!

Buttermilk Pancakes

3 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted

1. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! (If you're adding anything in like fruits, etc do it now). Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Source: allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment