Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sweet Restaurant Slaw

I've been looking for that go-to slaw recipe. It's been difficult because my husband and I have completely different tastes when it comes to slaw. I prefer a tangy flavor like in this slaw. My husband prefers more of a vinegar flavor, like they serve at KFC. This was right up his alley. He loved it and really thinks should be our "go-to" slaw recipe. We'll see. : )

Sweet Restaurant Slaw
Makes 8 servings

1 (16 oz) bag coleslaw mix
2 Tbsp diced onion
2/3 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
3 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp celery seed

1. Combine coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together salad dressing, oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and celery seed in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

Source: adapted from allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment