Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baked Beans, Texas Ranger

This is the final recipe I made for our Saturday get together, and it was the one thing my husband just raved about. He can be leery to try new recipes, especially if he likes the say something is made already but I stood firm and made this and he loved it.

Baked Beans, Texas Ranger
Makes 6 servings

1 (28 oz) can baked beans with pork
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium bell pepper, diced
4 links spicy pork sausage, cut into chunks (I used regular...no spicy in the store)
2 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
Dash cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all in a Dutch oven (I do not have a Dutch oven so I used a covered casserole dish). Cover and bake one hour in preheated oven.

Source: allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment