Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo

I LOVE Mexican food. I could probably eat it every day. So needless to say I don't need a holiday like Cinco de Mayo to put me in the mood for Mexican flavors but I'll use it.

Even though it is close week they are having a Cinco de Mayo celebration potluck at work today. I'll have to share the recipes for the salsa and southwestern cornbread I made for that tomorrow once I download the pictures off the camera. But in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo I did make this casserole a couple of weeks ago so I will post it.

Now it's nothing great to look at, and was quite simple to make, but it tasted great.

Taco Bake

1 box macaroni & cheese, plus ingredients to prepare per box
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I used Colby Jack)
1 cup salsa

1. Heat oven to 400F. Prepare mac & cheese as directed on package. While macaroni is cooking, brown beef with taco seasoning. Drain fat as necessary.
2. Stir sour cream into prepared mac & cheese. Spoon 1/2 mac & cheese mixture into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup cheese, and remaining mac & cheese mixture; cover with foil.
3. Bake 15 minutes; top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Source: Kraftfoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment