Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crowd Pleasing Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese

We had a Memorial Day potluck celebration at work today and I decided to make macaroni and cheese. Why mac & cheese? Well because the main course of the lunch was hotdogs which I think are the most foul of things ever so I wanted to bring something that worked as both a side dish for hot dogs and a main dish for me.

But since it wouldn't need to be done until lunchtime I didn't want to make anything too fancy that needed to use an oven since I would be at work all morning. So I decided to cook up the noodles, pack up the ingredients, bring my crock pot and cook it at my desk.

Unfortunately I left my camera at home so no picture (I know I know).

Here are the ingredients I used for this creamy mac & cheese:

16 oz cooked and drained noodles
3 cups whole milk
2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
1 stick melted butter
8 oz shredded mild cheddar cheese
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 16 oz loaf Velveeta, diced
a couple of handfuls shredded Monterey Jack cheese*

*I just threw this in as an aftersight. I probably used 2 oz of it.

Grease a crockpot with shortening or cooking spray (I used a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner). Put the noodles in first and then stir in all the above ingredients. Cook on low for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment