Friday, May 15, 2009

Kenny Rogers Cornbread

I also made this dish for our Saturday get together. I had just made cornbread for work's Cinco de Mayo lunch celebration and to be honest, I thought that one was much better than this one. I personally felt that these muffins were dryer than the other cornbread. But they didn't taste bad so if you're still looking for a go-to cornbread recipe, this one may be worth the try.

Kenny Rogers Cornbread

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn

Preheat oven to 400F. Cream butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in large bowl. Add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and blend. Add milk while mixing. Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn worked in. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins begin to brown.

Source: I got this on a message board about 3 years ago. I did a quick internet search and also found the same recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment