Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frosted Rice Krispie Bars

This is the bar my Mom always made us when we were growing up. In fact I always thought Rice Krispie bars were made with peanut butter and not marshmallow creme. To this day I prefer these to the marshmallow kind. Yum!

Frosted Rice Krispie Bars

1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
6 oz chocolate chips
6 oz butterscotch chips
Butter - for pan

Heat sugar and syrup just to boiling in a saucepan. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and rice krispies. Put into 13x9 buttered pan. Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together and spread over krispie bars. Chill until frosting is set. Cut into bars and serve.



As I was making these a couple of weeks ago I thought to myself that I thought they would be really good with Honey Nut Cheerios so I made them again earlier this week. While I do like the hint of honey flavor I don't care for the underlying Cheerios taste in the bar. I think next time I will try the honey flavored peanut butter to see if I like that better.

No comments:

Post a Comment