Monday, April 27, 2009

Boursin Spinach Stuffed Chicken

I wanted to make something special for our anniversary which was on April 23rd but then our oven wasn't working so we ended up going to Macaroni Grill to celebrate. Then I was going to make it on Friday but my husband wanted something quicker since he was really hungry so we reheated some leftover casserole we'd had earlier in the week. And then Saturday he was volunteering all day and didn't get home until after 8pm so definitely too late for something like this. But Sunday was the day. The oven is still broken, in fact, I'm at home this morning waiting for a repairman to come and look at it, so I ended up cooking it in our toaster oven so cooking times probably WILL vary in a standard oven.

This dish was delicious and my husband said it tasted like something he could eat in a restaurant. He definitely wants me to make this again. I can't say it was based on any particular recipe but more based on every stuffed chicken recipe I've ever seen.

Boursin Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Makes 2 servings

1/3 package boursin garlic/herb cheese
1/4 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 chicken breasts pounded relatively flat
1/2 italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 stick butter or margarine, melted (I used margarine)

Lay chicken breasts on a plate or cutting board. Put a layer of boursin cheese on each breast. Top with a layer of spinach. Roll up chicken breasts and use a toothpick to keep rolled. (For me I had to basically fold them in half and needed 2 toothpicks to keep them in place). Dip rolled breast in melted butter and then cover in breadcrumbs. Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated 400F oven (again I used my toaster oven so bake times will likely vary in a standard oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment