Monday, April 13, 2009

Mini Egg Casserole Cups

I really wanted to make some sort of Breakfast Casserole for Easter morning but my husband wanted to just have sausage and eggs on their own. So, I improvised. I made him his sausage and eggs and I made these mini casserole cups in my muffin tin.

And really the recipe is very versatile since you could substitute any meat or cheese you wanted. You could also add any veggies or herbs you desired as well.

Here's how I chose to make it yesterday and they were delicious.

I used about 1/8 lb of bulk pork sausage (about a 1 1/2 inch thick slice) and browned it in a skillet. I then combined that in a bowl with 4 whisked eggs, 3 torn slices of american cheese (I had some I wanted to use and didn't want to use up my shredded cheese that I would be using for the homemade mac & cheese I was making later in the day). I sprayed my muffin tin with cooking spray and then filled my muffin tins about 3/4 full with the mixture. It took 6 tins to use up the mixture. I sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top and baked at 350F for 20 minutes.

Simply delicious. Next time I will dice up some onion, green pepper, use bacon instead of sausage and use sharp cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment