Monday, April 6, 2009

Simple Lemon Cookies

A (now former) coworker's wife made these cookies last week for his last day. As soon as I tried it I thought of my husband since he absolutely loves lemon cake. I have tried cake after cake but he only seems to like lemon cake out of the box with store bought frosting. Since this recipe used a lemon cake mix I thought he may like them and a cookie is much easier to take along to work than a frosted slice of cake. So I decided to give them a try.

Simple Lemon Cookies

1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

Mix together. Roll into small balls. Bake at 350F for 8-9 minutes.

Then glaze with powdered sugar/lemon juice glaze.

I ended up using my cookie scoop to make these but they ended up a little larger than I had hoped so next time I will just use my hands and make smaller balls than the cookie scoop. I do really wish that she had included the measurements for the glaze because I ended up just adding lemon juice while mixing the powdered sugar until I got my desired consistency, however my glaze was quite sour. I'm guessing she used a milk/powdered sugar combo for her glaze because it tasted like regular glaze. I'm liking the sweet/sour combo but my husband did not. So I guess it's back to the cake mix/store frosting for him.

I am going to try this recipe again but I think next time I am going to use strawberry cake mix and make a glaze with some pureed strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment