Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Overcoming my homemade pizza fear

When I was little my Mom made homemade pizza every Friday. No offense if you are reading this, Mom, but I hated pizza Fridays. In fact I thought I hated homemade pizza. But I had leftover pepperoni and pizza sauce from the Pizza Slider Burgers and sausage from Easter breakfast so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't quite ready to try homemade crust yet (that's what I didn't like from Mom's) so I bought the refrigerated Pillsbury kind.

I rolled it onto a cookie sheet and baked for about 4-5 min in a 425F oven. Then I covered it in pizza sauce, then browned and crumbled pork sausage, then pepperoni and then a mixture of shredded mozzerells and monterey jack. Back in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.

I thought it was really delucious. So I'll try another few varities before I tackle my next pizza fear which is homemade crust.

1 comment:

  1. Do not fear the pizza beast. We are masters, but what I've also realized is that everyone has their own preference - crust, toppings, sauce...

    ReplyDelete