Friday, April 3, 2009

Pizza Slider Burgers

This recipe was attached to the McCormick's coupons on my Sunday paper and looked so yummy that I couldn't wait to try it.

Pizza Slider Burgers
Makes 4 servings

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 tsp McCormick basil leaves
1/2 tsp McCormick garlic powder
1/2 tsp McCormick oregano leaves
1/2 tsp salt (I used garlic salt)
1/4 tsp McCormick Ground Black Pepper
1/3 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 small dinner rolls
Pepperoni slices (optional)

1. Mix ground beef and seasonings in a medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 8 patties.
2. Grill burgers over medium heat or cook in non-stick skillet 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through (internal temperature of 165F).
3. Top each burger evenly with sauce and cheese. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls with pepperoni slices, if desired.

For all the seasonings except salt, I ended up using closer to 1 tsp instead of 1/2 tsp since my husband and I really like the extra flavor. I thought it was perfectly seasoned. Also, instead of just using dinner rolls out of the bag I ended up cutting them in half for use as the bun, laying them cut side up on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Spraying the cut side with canola oil spray and then sprinkling garlic powder on top of them. Then I toasted the buns in the oven while the burgers were cooking.

Both my husband and I just loved these. They are definitely becoming part of our dinner rotation. Please forgive the crappy picture. It tasted much better than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment