Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Strawberry Bread

I had purchased some strawberries to make a fruit salad on Easter but completely forgot about it on the day so I needed to use them up before they went bad. My Mom mentioned a Strawberry Bread recipe she had made awhile back so I decided to try it. She got it from sparkpeople.com so I knew it would be relatively healthy as well.

Strawberry Bread
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted margarine
1/4 cup canola oil

1. Slice strawberries and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp sugar.
2. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Combine oil and margarine; beat eggs until fluffy and add to oil/margarine.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet and incorporate. Add strawberries.
5. Place in greased loaf pan and bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment